Sunday, July 08, 2007

Crying while eating a peanut butter sandwich means.... get help?

_____


Last night Calvin Johnson moved me and 40-50 others upto, and past the point of tears. He's one of the most incredible performers I've ever seen in my life. He did a capella versions of a couple songs, interpretive dancing while singing.

_____

The Trusty Knife are also amazing to me, whatever that phrase means. After spending most of my night upto that point feeling sorry for myself and passive-aggresively interacting with others, they started in on "Long Distance Song". I'd heard it, but this time I got this burning feeling while listening to it, that I am lying to myself, that I don't even have the ability to be truthful with myself, and that in fact we're all lying to ourselves.

No comments: