Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Poems
by Mike Hauser

single black portable CD player playing "Hot Blooded" out of an open 1st floor window onto an empty sidewalk

____

Two Questions

Who the fuck are these people?

Am I going the right way?

____

Personal Poem


Coldplay song playing

in the laundromat.

There's just me &

another guy in this

laundromat.

And that song

what the fuck's it called?

"Spinners"? "Engine"? "Crops"?

"Archer Daniels Midland"?

"I Heart Monsanto"?

It's the one my mom

really likes, and other people

I know who I think like it

would love to hear it right now,

and then, oh great!, I think I like

it too! And yet, and yet

I feel kind of like

violated by it.

Like this Coldplay song,

whose title I can't remember,

and that is playing in the laundromat

where just me and this guy are waiting

for our clothes,

it's like it's not just

moving me, but,

forcibly
moving me.

____


guy in car
makes pecking motion
while turning left
and telling off
guy in other car

____

It always sounds to me like the guy in Nickelback should see a doctor.

(Yeah, Ear Nose And Throat Doctor!)

____

Journey

I feel like there should be an HBO series about Journey's career.

____

"can you hear me runnin?"

Are we supposed to take this literally?

Like, are we supposed to hear the singer's shoes?

____

Hey Karl

some guy named Ronald wants to talk to you.

1 comment:

Teppichfesser Press said...

3 possible comments

1) I too am often moved by Coldplay...to change the station! ZING!

2) Was it Clocks? That song makes me want to drive an Audi (or some sort of imported car) on a country road at night while a shitload of lightening bugs float up into the gay gay stars.

3) for a moment it was: Personal Poem Pizza