Friday, January 19, 2007

I've noticed that on alot of Seinfeld episodes there are points where George becomes angry and then immediately begins eating. I usually eat when I'm experiencing anxiety because I find it takes my mind off of 'things'. I'm what some would call 'fat'. I experience alot of anxiety, thus the calorie intake. But I can't imagine eating 'angry', in the vein of 'driving angry'. But there are alot scenes with that motif on Seinfeld- 'George is gettin upset!', then immediately starts eating a sandwich. Actually its seems like all they do on that show is eat. Its amazing they weren't all morbidly obese.

_______

Last night I saw The Descent. It's disturbing in a way that stays with you more than say, The Ring, which just relies on one somewhat hokey premise. The Descent is more psychological, and it has a very eliptical ending, though one can make some sense out of it from a psychological angle. The monsters are really just white people who've evolved indoors, not unlike real life white people. The charactors are British, which means they manage to say 'sorry' even when they're on the verge of death, after a spear's been plunged their neck. What's disturbing? The ending, definitely. More than that tho, it's what happens within the group who descend into the cave, what the specter first of the cave, then the monsters does to them.

1 comment:

Sandra Simonds said...

when my little milton is feeling anxiety, he eats his own paw.