Friday, January 19, 2007

When I was a kid, I remember it being morning, and the Journey song with 'when the lights go down on the city' (their ode to San Francisco) was on the radio. I also remember thinking to myself, at about age 8 or 9 I'd say, 'Now this is good music!'

_______

My earliest memory is being in a car outside Mayfair Mall, and hearing 'Steppin Out' by Joe Jackson on the radio. I was there because my Mom was a waitress at Captains Restaurant.

_______

Learning that Reitman & Mueller were anti-deer hunting, and how that pissed off my Dad.

_______

My dad made me listen closely to the synth solo that comes at the end of 'Lucky Man' by Emerson Lake & Palmer.

_______

When I was much older, I was in a car with my Dad and "Its Only Rock n Roll" came on. He changed it immediately. It occurs to me that The Rolling Stones and My Dad are almost mutually anathema.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Hey, what on Friday?

Was it at an empty building or did someone get the address wrong?

Karl said...

shit.

happened.

and it wasn't me that got the address wrong, damnit!




luv u.