Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thinking today how funny it is that, I think, ODB at some point in the first Wu Tang is like, "What's that's in yr pants? AW HUMAN FECES!"

He's of course referring to how scary his rap style is. And it is scary. Other rap styles on this joint 'have the force to leave to ya lost like the Tribe of Shabaz' and are 'more deadly than the stroke of an axe/ppCCHHHhh!/givin bystanders heart attacks'. Its not out of the question that one such rap style would leave one with shit in the drawers. But 'human feces'? What other kind of feces would it be? Caribou feces? Wallaby feces?

_______

I really like Boris' Pink. Though I can't speak intelligently about metal, such as The Mister does. Not too many reference points. But one of the things I love about it is that the slow, droney songs hit harder than the fast Sabbath-y ones. 'Farewell' kicks in with a massive crash like a space nugget demolishing a tiny village. But it reminds me of 'Limerick' from Amanita by Bardo Pond. I don't know about using Blake and Bosch for liner art.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the drone-y songs are pretty excellent.

Mike Hauser said...

Oh and Brock told me its GZA with the 'human feces' remark.